Give your body a makeover in just 30 days. This 30-day workout program will help you lose 10 pounds by toning the muscles, burning the fat, and boosting the metabolism.
These twelve exercises are all you need to lose weight and tone every muscle of your body. You’ll look and feel better in just one month.
The lose 10 pounds a month exercise plan is very simple. You will perform exercises that will tone your entire body and do some serious fat melting cardio sessions.
So get ready to sweat, lose those unwanted pounds, and recharge your energy levels with this 30-day exercise program.
To perform these exercises, which, by the way, target your butt, legs, upper body, and abs, you just need a pair of medium-weight dumbbells and a mat.
HIIT Workout To Lose 10 Pounds
You will have to do these muscle toning exercises twice a week.
There are 12 exercises you can perform in any order you like. And you can mix and match the exercises to make your own workout circuit if you want.
To make this workout program more challenging and more effective for your weight loss process, make sure you do your fat melting cardio session weekly.
So get your dumbbells and your mat ready. You’re gonna do some serious damage to your body fat!
There are four categories of exercises that will help you lose 10 pounds in less than 30 days:
- Upper body workouts;
- Leg-slimming exercises;
- Ab-defining moves;
- Butt-toning workouts.
The Upper Body Exercises
These exercises will target your back, shoulders, and arms, while also working your obliques, abs, and hamstrings.
To get the best out of these moves, you will need to perform each exercise for one minute without any rest in between. Then, when these three exercises are done, rest for two minutes and jump to the next set of exercises.
1. Crossover-Leg Push-Up
This upper body exercise works your shoulders, back, chest, and obliques. Here is how to perform the crossover-leg push-up:
- Get into a push-up position and place your feet wider than usual to have a stable starting position.
- Lift your left leg, cross it over your right leg and tap your left toes on the floor. At the same time, lower your upper body into a push-up.
- Return to the starting position.
- Lift your right leg, and cross it over your left leg and tap with your right toe. At the same time, lower your upper body into a push-up.
- Return to the starting position to complete one rep.
2. Plank Twist
This exercise helps to strengthen the obliques and build up a solid core. Here is how to do it:
- Get down on your mat into a push-up position then lift your left arm straight up, twisting your torso to the side, but keeping your knees in place.
- Look up to your hand and hold that position and count to 3.
- Return to your push-up position, switch up your arms and repeat the move on the other side to complete one rep.
3. Plank With Alternating Arm And Leg Raise
This move is great for your back, shoulders, glutes, and abs. Here is how to perform it:
- Start in a push-up position with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Lift your right arm and your left leg diagonally out to your sides, at shoulder height.
- Hold that position till you count to three, then lower your arm and leg back down.
- Repeat the same motion with your left arm and your right leg to complete one rep.
The Leg Slimming Exercises
These exercises will target your hamstrings, quads, hips, butt, calves and will firm your abs, shoulders, tricep, and biceps.
To get the most out of these moves, do each one for one minute straight. Then, at the end of the session, rest for two minutes and jump to the next set of exercises.
1. Back Lunge With Triceps Kickback
You might feel like a lunge targets your legs only, but this move adds some serious strain on your abs, back muscles, and triceps too. Here is how to do a back lunge with triceps kickback:
- Stand with a dumbbell in each hand by your side. Slightly bend your knees and lean your upper body forward. Keep your back straight.
- Bend your elbows and bring the dumbbells at the chest level. This is the starting position.
- Step in a back lunge, stretching one leg behind you.
- At the same time, stretch both arms behind you.
- Get back to the starting position, and repeat with the other leg to complete one rep.
2. Jump Lunge
This exercise is a total body fat burner and it should be included in any workout. Here’s how to properly perform this exercise:
- Stand straight with your arms by your sides.
- Step forward into a lunge.
- Push off the floor with your feet and jump straight up with your arms above your head.
- Switch legs and land back into a lunge position with the other leg forward and arms by your side.
- Jump again to complete one rep.
3. Side-Lying Leg Lift
This exercise puts your inner thighs on fire. Just make sure to use slow moves to properly activate your leg muscles. Here’s how to do side-lying leg lifts:
- Lie down on your side supporting your head with one hand and maintaining your balance with the other hand.
- Slowly raise the upper leg as high as you can, then bring it down with the same slow motion. This is one rep.
- Do as many repetitions needed, then lie on the other side and repeat.
The Best Abs Flattening Moves
These exercises will target all your abdominal muscles, plus will also tone your hips and hamstrings.
To get your abs great definitions you need to do each exercise for about a minute. Then, at the end of the session, rest for two minutes and jump to the next set of exercises.
1. Raised-Leg Crunch
This abdominal exercise might seem easy, but you’re gonna set your abs and hamstrings on fire. Here’s how to do raised leg crunches:
- Start in a crunch position with your legs straight in the air.
- Engage your abs and raise your shoulders off the mat to do a crunch.
- Keep your legs still during the entire exercise. This is one repetition.
2. Windshield Wipers
It’s time to wipe some side fat with this abdominal exercise that mainly targets your obliques. Here is how to do it:
- Stay flat on your back with legs straight in the air and arms extended by your sides.
- Slowly lower your legs to one side, then to the other, and repeat.
- Use slow movement to fully engage your obliques.
3. Reverse Crunch
This exercise is good for your back too, especially if you’re experiencing back pain. So make sure to perform it correctly:
- Lie flat on your back with legs in the air and knees slightly bent.
- You can keep the feet together, or you can place one over the other.
- Place your arms beside you with the palms flat on the floor for support.
- Engage your abs to raise your butt and lower back off the mat, keeping only your shoulders and head on the mat.
- Lower your butt back on the mat and repeat.
- Use slow motions to really engage your abdominal muscles.
The Exercises For Toned Butt
These exercises will target your butt, hips, and quads while also toning your obliques and hamstrings.
Do each exercise for a minute to get a perfect and toned butt. No rest in between exercises.
1. Sumo Squat With Side Crunch
Work your glutes and your obliques at the same time with this squat variation. Here’s how to do it:
- Start by standing up with your legs further than shoulder-width apart, and your toes turned slightly out.
- Keep your palms behind your head. This is your starting position.
- Do a squat and when your return to the standing position, lift your left knee towards your left elbow.
- Return to the starting position, do another sumo squat and then lift your other knee.
- Get back into the squat position to finish one repetition.
2. Dumbbell Donkey Kick
Work your glutes and thighs with this simple exercise that focuses on one side at a time. Here’s how to do donkey kicks:
- Sit down on all fours and place a light dumbbell behind your left knee. Flex your knee to securely hold the dumbbell.
- Squeeze your glutes and raise the leg that holds the dumbbell until the thigh is parallel to the floor. Be careful not to drop the dumbbell.
- Slowly lower the leg down and repeat as many times needed.
- Then take down the dumbbell, place it behind the other knee, and repeat the cycle with the other leg.
3. Side Lunge
This butt and thigh exercise is easy to do and it doesn’t require any equipment. Here’s how to do it:
- Stand tall with feet together and arms by your side.
- Take one big step at your right side while bringing your hands together at the chest level.
- Lower down until your right thigh is parallel to the floor. Keep your left leg straight and push your butt behind you.
- Get back up and repeat on the left side to finish one rep.
These are the exercises you need to perform twice a week to sculpt your main muscle and tone your entire body.
Note: If you’re not exhausted, try to complete these 12 exercises one more time. This will double your changes to lose 10 pounds in less than 30 days.
HIIT Workout Plan
Here is how this total body HIIT workout should look like:
|Crossover-leg push-up||1 min|
|Plank twist||1 min|
|Plank with alternating |
arm and leg raise
|Back lunge with |
|Jump lunge||1 min|
|Side-lying leg lift||1 min|
|Raised-leg crunch||1 min|
|Windshield wipers||1 min|
|Reverse crunch||1 min|
|Sumo squat with |
|Dumbbell donkey kick||1 min|
|Side lunge||1 min|
Now, to boost your metabolism and your energy levels even further, and to lose 10 pounds faster, you’ll need to perform a fat-melting cardio workout regularly.
You will have to do three cardio sessions a week. Here are the cardio moves that will hit, what experts call, the weight loss zone, meaning they’ll burn about 300 calories.
You can stick with just one exercise, or you can mix it up each time you do your cardio. This will help not only with the fat burning process but it will also boost your energy level.
Cardio Exercises To Torch Fat
You can do these moderate intensity cardio exercises that will help you burn 300 calories if you do them for the mentioned amount of time.
- Snowshoeing for 35 minutes.
- Elliptical trainer for 40 minutes.
- Aerobics for 43 minutes.
- Hiking on flat trails for 47 minutes.
- Playing with kids/pets for 70 minutes.
- Walking (3.5 mph) for 74 minutes.
If you feel that you can do a bit more intense cardio workouts, you can add to your gym session these exercises. They will burn off those 300 calories faster.
- Kickboxing for 28 minutes.
- Stairclimber for 31 minutes.
- Cross-country skiing for 31 minutes.
- Playing touch football for 35 minutes.
- Hiking up hills for 40 minutes.
This month can be a great time to try this weight loss program. Just commit to this for 30 days to get your body a total makeover. You will lose 10 pounds, at least, and will tone and firm up your body to feel and look good.
30-Day Workout Plan
Here’s how the 30-day workout program should look like:
For even better result, you should eat healthier, and not just for 30 days. Stay away from processed foods and eat whole foods to fuel your body the right way.